About our program
Graduate student Aravind Sivakumar discusses his poster with Dr. John Lis at the 2014 Stem Cell Retreat on May 17, 2104. Aravind won 2nd place at the Retreat poster session.
|Yen Lab||Buchon Lab||Kotlikoff Lab|
The Cornell Stem Cell Program was founded on the unique strengths of the Cornell research community with its unparalleled cross-disciplinary collaborations and strong basic and comparative biomedical science programs. The CSCP incorporates over 40 laboratories across Cornell University Ithaca campus, closely interacts with the Center for Vertebrate Genomics, and is supported, in part, by the NYSTEM program of the New York State Department of Health.
Mark your calendars
- Tuesday, March 17, 2015: Stem Cell WIP, 12 p.m., Lecture Hall III, Vet Research Tower
- Thursday, March 19, 2015: Stem Cells & Cancer Journal Club, 12 p.m., Hagan Room, Schurman Hall
News and announcements
- The 5th Stem Cell Symposium will be held on Saturday, June 13, 2015 in the Statler Auditorium. Featured speakers will be: Michele De Luca, Paul Frenette, Jan Lammerding, William Lowry, and Sally Temple.
- Applications for the NYSTEM short term faculty training and collaborative opportunities program will now be accepted on a continuous basis. Funding must be used by the end of 2015.
- Jonathan Butcher and Chris Schaffer have been awarded a Stem Cell Research Experience for Pre-College Teachers grant from NYSTEM as part of a program to help foster interest in stem cell-related research among high school students. Congratulations!
- The Stem Cell Program was recently featured in the Cornell Chronicle article, "Stem cell research on campus grows after $3M boost".
Congratulations to Chieh-Yang Cheng (Nikitin Lab), Aravind Sivakumar (Kurpios Lab), and Philip Houtz(Buchon Lab) the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of the 2014 Stem Cell Retreat poster competition!
Congratulations to Drs. John Schimenti and Gerlinde Van de Walle! Their seed grant proposals have been selected for funding by the Cornell Stem Cell Program. The funding period is March 1, 2014 through February 28, 2015.